Writer hired for Speilberg's Old Boy remake

That lovely man Will Smith who starred in the fantastic I AM LEGEND, and that even lovelier man Steven Spielberg, who is in fact a LEGEND have hired I AM LEGEND co-writer Mark Protosevich to work on the script for their planned collaboration, the remake of the Korean film OLD BOY.

Now, I cannot believe that these two are actually tackling this project (I'm talking about the original film's subject matter, and absolutely shocking ending). I'm just really hoping that they down PG-13 it up. Hard R boys, hard R!

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Smith invited Protosevich to meet with Spielberg on the project, which is being looked after by Dreamworks.

The original OLD BOY is described by the trade as revolving around a man's mysterious kidnapping, 15-year imprisonment and feverish quest for revenge upon being released.

0 comments: